Tuesday, November 5, 2013

Grandpa's Pearl Harbor Pictures 1924-1927 part two

As you learned in my last post, my paternal grandmother's nickname was Dot.  Where exactly the nickname came from, I don't know.  I assume it was given her by my grandfather.  Grandma wasn't much bigger than a dot, that's for sure!

This is a smaller collection of photographs but these pictures were specifically addressed to Dot. 

Place names in this collection include:

Dot: This is the Statue of King Kamehameha I, the first king to have full possession of all these Islands.  All this happened about the time Captain Cook discovered the Islands.  The Marine in the picture is Mace, a friend of mine.  Wallie


Dot: This is a picture of a golf course near Moanalua Park.  I developed it and overexposed it.  I hate why its so dark.  The white spot is a finger print.  Wallie


Dot: The Marine Barracks, Pearl Harbor, Territory Hawai'i, rear view looking north.  The wooden affair is a handball court.  Wallie


Dot: Here's one I'm ashamed to send.  But, it's all I have at present.  I overexposed this when I printed it.  The houses are some plantation homes and are just off Schofield Road.  You can see a truck just past the houses and Diamond Head and the Punch Bowl in the distance, both extinct craters 1/2 mile from Moanalua.


Dot:  The famous landmark of "Oahu." Iit is Diamond Head, an extinct crater taken from Waikiki Beach looking East.  Wallie

No comments:

Post a Comment