Saturday, October 5, 2013

Last of current batch of photos

This is the last of the photographs that I scanned that came out of a box of miscellaneous photos and scrapbook pages.  There's more in that box and I'll scan them and post in the future.  I'll begin posting Vietnam era letters and newspaper clippings in the next day or two.

Stamped on the reverse side of this photo is, 
"Bunnell Photo Shop, Exclusively Photographic, Jan 27, 1926, 414 E St. San Diego, Cal."  
The writing on the front reads 
"A. Com. Rodgers aboard U.S.S. McDonough bound for home."  
Are either of these two men significant?



The picture above and below - I want to say these places are in California and I want to say that Grandpa Schnack took these photos but that's guessing on my part.

 Written on the back of this photo is 
"Evalyn Bellinger (college friend in Albany)".



















Stamped on the reverse side of this one is, 
"Finished at City Drug Store, 215 Main Street, Oneonta, N.Y."

 Written on the reverse side of this photo is, 
"Sam's babies."
Who is Sam?











This photo immediately brings a thought in my mind that this little lady has had enough picture taking and is just about to have a temper tantrum to put an end to it!  Stamped on the back is
"Doug & Don Spence, Developing and Printing, 19 Watkins Ave., Phone 2448-J, Oneonta, N.Y.'













Stamped on the reverse side is,
"Doug & Don Spence, Developing and Printing, 19 Watkins Ave., Phone 2448-J, Oneonta, N.Y."

 I think this is Grandpa Schnack, Jochim Walter Schnack.  Compare this picture to the next two that I have identifications for.




No comments:

Post a Comment