Thursday, October 17, 2013

The Year at Home

These pictures are a review of what life was like for my family while my father was in Vietnam.

In the back is my mother and her parents, Howard and Ruth Harder Cole.  My brother and I are in the front with three girls who I don't know.  This picture may have been taken before my father went to Vietnam.

 Myself, my father, and Raymond in our backyard at Ayer, Massachusetts.

 
 Looks like I baked a birthday cake but for whom I don't know.

Seated from left to right is Grandma Schnack, Irene Schnack, Elsie Schnack, Katie Jones, and Viv Cope.  Standing left to right is Grandpa Schnack, Eddie Schnack, Bob Jones, and Harry Cope.  The occasion is the celebration of my Grandparents 40th wedding anniversary.

 I didn't get to be a little Vietnamese girl for Halloween but dressed up in items not normally worn.  We celebrated Halloween in Milford that year.

 My mom dressed up as a farmer :-)

 Myself and Mrs. Quintella outside our apartment in Ayer, Massachusetts.

 Myself horsing around with Miss Allen and Mrs. Allen.

 Myself, my mom, and my brother.

 My mom watching the news at our apartment in Ayer, Massachusetts.

 Myself and Raymond in the lower right hand corner.

 Myself and Raymond going to school.

 My mom and a friend.

 My mom above and two below.


 Above, my grandparents Schnack, obviously at Christmas time, and below with Raymond and myself.

 This is the year I must have started playing clarinet.

Above and below are pictures taken at the Milford Cemetery at Christmas time.  My Uncle Don died in October of 1966 and was buried there.

I believe the pictures above and below were taken at my Aunt Margaret's home.  Above is, seated or kneeling on the floor, my Aunt Tina (Don's widow) and Uncle Gerry.  Seated in the red chair is my grandfather Cole, Raymond is leaning over Gerry, and standing from left is Grandma Cole holding my cousin Larry, myself, and Aunt Margaret.
 Above, clockwise from noon, is Uncle Gerry, Aunt Tina, Raymond, Grandpa Cole, Grandma Cole, Aunt Margaret, and myself.

 My Uncle Eddie and Aunt Elsie with cousins left to right, John, Barbara, Julie and David.

 My Uncle Bob and Aunt Katie with cousins Peggy, Cheryl, and Bobby.

 All the 1st cousins on the steps of Grandma and Grandpa Schnack's house.

 My brother, mom, and myself.

 Myself, above and below.

 Me and my brother playing King of the Hill in our backyard.

 Me and my mom at a diner with the Allens.

 Above and below are the results of a March snow storm.

 Above and below are myself again.

 My brother and I.

 Above and below, myself with a cutie patootie baby :-)


Myself and my brother.

No comments:

Post a Comment