Wednesday, October 16, 2013

Mom's Baby Book

Back to 1934 when my mother was born.  This is the baby book that my Grandmother Cole kept for her.  I'm not going to transcribe any of it.  I'll follow with miscellaneous pictures that were tucked inside the cover of the book.

















 
Daddy!  Howard Cole holding his baby, Irene Orvetta Cole.

Aunties! On the left is Helen Harder Gould and holding baby Irene is Retha Cole Williams Weaver.

Grandparents!  In the back is Irene's grandfather, George Cole and his second wife, Mary Cole.   Standing next to Irene is her brother Donald Everett Cole.

Sisters! Irene with her baby sister, Margaret Elizabeth Cole Gray.

The reverse side of this picture has a number 13 on it.  I would think first that it was her age, but she doesn't look that old to me in this picture.

My mom told me that she thinks this was her sophomore year at Roscoe Central School.

Irene Orvetta Cole 1952

My mother, Irene Orvetta Cole Schnack, is kneeling in front with my father, Walter J. Schnack.  Her parents are behind them; Ruth Elma Harder Cole is holding my crying baby brother, Raymond Cole Schnack, and Howard Cole is holding me, Cindy Lou Schnack Arsenault Coffell.

No comments:

Post a Comment