Thursday, August 22, 2013

0000 3 30 Elbert Rose to Florence Rose

I will correct some spelling and some grammar as I transcribe.  The locations mentioned are in Ulster County, New York.  The original letter can be seen in the Grandma's Letters tab.

March 30
Kingston

Dear Florence;

Will write and let you know that your Aunt Addie is sick and that the girls are boarding with Mrs. Elmendorf. 

I am going up to Pine Hill Wednesday morning and get a house to live in.  I think that we can get to keeping house next week.  Does your Grandmother want to come down when I move our things or will I get someone to help me and get the house straightened?

Florence, I want you to answer this right away so that I will know what to do.  You can send your letter to Pine Hill as I will be to Pine Hill.

Will close,
Elbert Rose

No comments:

Post a Comment