Wednesday, August 21, 2013

Letter 0000 3 13 Elbert Rose to Florence Rose

See the actual letter in the tab Grandma's Letters.  I am correcting spelling and some grammar as I transcribe.

72 Clinton Ave
March 13.

Dear Florence,

Will write you a few lines to let you know that I am still on earth and alive.  Well Florence, I think your plan is good about keeping house.  We will rent somewhere so you kids will have a home of our own.  I don't know whether I will stay down here or not.

If I don't stay down here I will get a house at Pine Hill so you and Clif can work out.  Well, I will send you some money but you must be careful and not spend any more than you have got to.  Will close.  Write soon.

Good night,
Elbert Rose

PS
When you read this, burn it up and not let any one see it.

No comments:

Post a Comment