Wednesday, August 21, 2013

Letter 0000 3 20 Elbert Rose to Florence Rose

I'll correct some spelling and some grammatical errors as I transcribe.  The locations mentioned are in Ulster County, New York.

Kingston
March 20

Dear Florence,

I will write a few lines to let you know that I am not going to stay in Kingston.  I am going to quit my job the first of April.  Do you think that your Grandmother will come to Pine Hill and stay with the girls until your school is out?  I will get a house and move the things down and get the home all ready.  You know that I have got to move before I begin my work.

If she can't come I will see if I can't get someone else to stay with them for I am going to work at Pine Hill this summer.

I don't want to leave them down there alone.  Now, I want you to write and let me know if she will come or not.  If we go to keeping house, I will not pay for another month board.  Will close.

Write soon,
Elbert Rose

No comments:

Post a Comment