Thursday, August 22, 2013

1916 3 28 Beatrice Rose to Florence Rose

I will correct some spelling and some grammar as I transcribe.  The original correspondence can be seen in the Grandma's Letters tab.  Beatrice Rose, the author of this letter, was 9-years old at the time she wrote it and she lived in Pine Hill, Ulster County, New York.  Sister is Florence Rose.  Papa is Elbert Rose.  Grandma is Alice Clayton More.  Oneonta is located in Otsego County, New York.

Pine Hill, N.Y.
Mar. 28, 1916

Dear Sister and all,

It is a very slushy day and I did not go to school today because I had no rubbers.  Papa has gone to Uncle Billy's to see if he can get to town.

Yesterday, Papa got down to the lane where you go on the _____.  He got stuck and couldn't go any further and had to come home.  I have sent for rubbers.  I hope he will come home with rubber boots.

It is a very slushy day but it is warm.  Well, I will have to close and help Grandma with the dishes.  Florence!  Papa thinks that you would rather go to Oneonta then come home and help him.  I would like to see you very much.

Did I tell you that George sent me and Olive each a box of toothpaste and each a bottle of perfume and me 30¢ in Lincoln pennies?

Papa thinks you better come home soon.

Will close and wipe the dishes.

Your Sister,
Beatrice

No comments:

Post a Comment